Sunday 18 June 2017

Another caramelised white chocolate dessert

Caramelised white chocolate mousse, served with a coffee crumble, banana ice cream and fresh passionfruit. I wondered how good each of those elements would be, but
I shouldn't doubt the judgement and recipes of Darren Purchese. From the book, Lamingtons and Lemon Tart.
It was all SO GOOD together. And the fresh passionfruit just seemed a perfect complement with it.
This time the method said to spread the chopped chocolate out on a non-stick tray (I put it on glad bake), and bake for 20 minutes at 170. This method didn't require the stirring and mixing every 5 minutes that I did the other time. However I nearly got tricked - and should have known better - because the top didn't go golden at all. So I gave it longer and by the time I decided to take it out all of the chocolate underneath the still deceptively pale "same-as-when-I-put-it-in-looking" chocolate was a very dark golden. I stirred it all to combine and it seemed to taste as it should although bordering on being overcooked, it was a bit crumbly looking.
When I made the mousse, it didn't melt easily so I put in the hot cream and luckily then it all came together nicely. So it was then poured into the individual glasses.
 Just before serving, I spooned on some of the coffee crumble (who knew flour, ground almonds, caster sugar, cocoa, freshly ground coffee and butter could taste so good?), that I'd baked earlier, then a scoop of the banana icecream. Hooray for my new icecream maker! And a slick of fresh passionfruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment