Sunday 5 June 2016

Rasperry, Lychee, White Chocolate & Honey...

Cake? Torte? Layered extravaganza? Damn nice, that's what it was!

It consisted of (in order from the bottom)

  • Honey, Cereal and Fruit Sponge (soaked in Lychee & Honey Syrup)
  • Sieved Raspberry Jam
  • Exaggerated Raspberry Cream
  • Lychee & Raspberry Jelly
  • White Chocolate & Raspberry Mousse
  • Raspberry Dextrose to sprinkle on top
I got it from my favourite book, Sweet Studio, by Darren Purchese.
I had to hunt out the amazing place on Chapel Street, when I was in Melbourne. Perhaps next time I'll organise my hotel to be close to it, so I can try something from there every day!
It did take four days to make, making one of the layers each day, as they each needed to cool, set or freeze inbetween. But I made enough from each layer, so that I made two complete cakes. 
The beauty of it was that the completed cake was in the freezer, so I was able to take one (which came to room temperature for serving) for morning tea on Friday and one for a friend's dinner party on Saturday night - perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment