Monday 3 August 2015

Ladybird pin


A shawl pin...made for June who retired recently.
I made up a pattern and cut out the shapes from felt. Then I stitched the dots on (with blanket stitch) and some running stitch for the centre line down the wings. The eyes were stitched onto one head section of a body with back stitch. It was harder than I'd imagined to get the eyes to look even and neat - I did them several times. Then the wings onto the body that had the eyes (blanket stitch) and then ready to stitch the entire front to the back.
  
I stitched the front to the back putting in stuffing as I went, to fill out the body. Before I finished stitching round the head,  I stitched in some black beading wire for the antennae. I used the one piece looped round and stitched on, which I hope with the blanket stitches also between, will mean it's less likely to be pulled out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment