Sunday 17 June 2018

Oodles of carrot noodles!

Still pimping the vegetable noodles, but venturing into carrot territory as I had a few left over in my fridge. I spiralised them into noodles - which did work fine, although a couple of times the machine didn't like it, as it's so much harder than a zucchini. But all up, just as quick and easy. Then a quick stir fry in some olive oil and back in to the serving bowl. Then I made some cute little meatballs, lightly spiced with ground cumin and coriander, cooked them in the frying pan and tossed them on top of the noodles.
 

Now it's time to come clean...
I'd bought a luxury jar of tomato passata (tomatoes, onions, garlic, sundried tomatoes, basil). So I roasted 2 capsicums (took out the core and seeds, grilling the skin until blackened, then after it cooled in a freezer bag, took off the blackened skin and cut the flesh into strips) adding that into the sauce and pouring it over the meatballs.  Topped with a healthy dose of chopped Italian parsley, there was one super vegie and meatball fix!
 
Still fixated on carrot noodles, I made up another meal, same deal with the noodles. But hey, how great it is getting so many vegies in a meal. This time my sauce was made by stirfrying some onion, leek, broccolini and garlic. And on that went over the cooked carrot noodles. Then I popped some firm white fish and shelled prawns into the pan with 1/2 C white wine, cooking until the prawns were just cooked through. Then a dash of cream and 1/2 tsp saffron threads that I'd crushed in the mortar and pestle with a pinch of salt. Then that went on top of the vegies along with the other half of the bunch of chopped Italian parsley! The carrot noodles seem to be a bit hidden in the photos, but they really are there.
So enjoy your vegies and keep on noodling!



No comments:

Post a Comment